Wednesday, December 30, 2009

New Year; New Hope



"But if You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us."


Jesus said to him, "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes."


Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, "Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!" Mark 9:22-24 (NKJV)




I saw Him again this week. And it was glorious. Surprising, but amazing and delightful.


Those clouds can be so deceiving. Any reason for hope is just clouded by doubt, but the light is blinding when it breaks through, and it leaves me speechless.


Human perspective is so short-sighted. Human reason is so limiting. Hope based on logic is so faint and well, hopeless. But hope in Jesus? The impossible becomes possible. The tragic becomes an opportunity for glorious grace. The heartbreaking becomes heartwarming. Despair turns to joy.


We’re at the end of another year, and maybe you feel at the end of your rope. If you do, I have good news for you. Just like a new year is upon us, new hope is waiting for you to cling to. I have learned that being at the end of my rope, or seeing others at the end of theirs, it’s a glorious place to be. Why? Because the glory is coming! Just wait. Just believe. And if you can’t, do what the man did who wanted his son to be healed so desperately but had trouble believing Jesus could really do it.


“Lord, I believe,” he cried. “Help my unbelief!”


And hear Jesus respond. “Anything is possible for the one who believes that I am able.”

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

It is funny to me (but not surprising) to see we both wrote about "clouds" in our latest posts. Whether they're clouds of doubt or clouds of trials, it's comforting to know God's children share the same sky...and He is the sun that shines in it!

I enjoyed reading your post!