Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"Yet I have this against you: You have forsaken your first love.  Remember the height from which you have fallen!  Repent and do things as you did at first." Revelation 2:4-5




A Valentine Poem for my First Love...




When I was young
I believed in Your love
I had nothing to offer You
I just knew I was Yours

You gave me a heart
To love You in return
To love others as You loved me
And I was happy

When I grew older, others said
You must give Him more
It’s not enough to just believe
You must prove your love

I became dutiful
Loyal committed and sacrificial
I was good and deserving
I was better than most

So why did I feel so bad
Why was I always sad
Where was the joy
Where was the peace

It’s in My love for you, You said
You’re not My slave
You’re My child
Be still

I stopped running ahead
I waited
You picked me up
You carried me

Back to Love
Back to Joy
Back to Peace
Back to the Truth

And it’s sweet
And it’s good
And it’s me
And it’s You

It’s the way
You always
Want it
To be

It’s the way
I know
It always
Can be



No comments: